The environment in which businesses operate today is extremely dynamic, posing a myriad of challenges and uncertainty for leaders and their organisations.
The overall aim of this MBA course is to develop reflective, entrepreneurial, innovative and responsible leaders with the necessary skills and knowledge to lead their organisations in a complex global environment.
The course offers an exciting and well-balanced integrated curriculum that places a large emphasis on the application of knowledge in the organisational setting.
The MBA has been designed to be flexible in relation to its delivery in order to cater for a diverse range of students. Experiential learning will take place through workshops, seminars, live strategic challenges, action learning sets, all supported with learning technologies that support learning inside and outside of the classroom.
Students will develop their personal, professional, critical thinking and reflective skills in order to prepare them to manage, lead and transform organisations and make a positive difference to their performance and society more generally.
The MBA focuses on three broad key themes:
- Entrepreneurial thinking and action.
- Development of individual students’ leadership skills and professional practice.
- The important role of business in society.
The Teesside University’s MBA team is cognisant of the challenges that leaders face in today’s rapidly changing business landscape and have therefore developed an MBA that goes beyond functional knowledge and, instead, places emphasis on putting knowledge into action.
Unlike some other MBAs, this course does not adopt a silo approach to the delivery of the curriculum. Instead, each module is interdisciplinary in nature, demonstrating the importance of functional collaboration and allowing students to have a much more holistic understanding of the mechanics of the modern-day organisation. TU recognises the importance of developing one’s personal agility to ensure personal and organisational success, and to this end, the course seeks to instill and develop these skills in the students through a variety of innovative and creative means.
The course will enable students to:
- Think and act entrepreneurially to lead through uncertain and rapidly changing conditions in the global business environment.
- Be responsible leaders who are able to work with a diverse range of teams, in a variety of cultural contexts.
- Be international in their outlook and understand the challenges and opportunities the global business environment presents businesses.
- Possess a deep understanding of the functions of business and appreciate the importance of functional collaboration to achieve organisational goals.
- Be self-reflective practitioners with awareness of their self-identity and values.
- Understand the importance of the role of business in society.
The holistic authentic learning experience allows students to apply knowledge to live strategic issues and be aware of the positive role business can play in society. Other distinctive aspects of the course include:
- The emphasis on entrepreneurial leadership to prompt entrepreneurial action to drive positive change.
- The balance of research and practitioner experience of the teaching team.
- The international learning experience that allows students to experience different cultural contexts.
The innovative and flexible delivery methods that appeal to a wide range of students.
|Awarding authority||Teesside University, UK|
|Academic Year/Time Schedule/Programme Duration||Duration of course is 1 year|
|Mode||Full Time / Part Time|
|Teaching Amenities, Facilities etc||Lecture rooms, Library, Computer lab, Student lounge|
22 years old
You must be an honours graduate of any discipline, with a minimum of a 2.2 obtained from a recognised University or hold an equivalent professional qualification acceptable to Teesside University Business School.
You must also have a minimum of two years, graduate level, full time work experience in a relevant role (eg. management / administrative / professional / supervisory capacity).
For general information please see our overview of entry requirements.
International applicants can find out what qualifications they need by visiting Your Country.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in the English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
Candidates who are at least 30 years of age with at least 8 years of working experience. To qualify as a mature candidate, you are required to submit a Personal Statement of not more than 200 words and 2 Referee Reports from at least one employer. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
|Course Application Fee|
|Course Application Fee*||Local Students : S$150 (Onetime Only)
International Students : S$350 (Onetime Only)
– Course application fee is non refundable.
– Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.
|Fees Breakdown||Total Payable (S$)|
|Total Course Fees Payable||17999||22000|
- Course Fee is inclusive of Tuition Fees & Exam Fees (one time)
- FPS Insurance premiums are paid by Amity, unless stated in the Student Contract which has to be paid by the student separately.
- Fees indicated are exclusive of 7% GST.
- Valid Employment Pass / Special Pass / Work Permit Holders to will pay ‘Local’ Course Fees.
- For Miscellaneous Fees: Click Here
- Click Here for more information on the Mode of Payment.
|The Sustainable Organisation||20|
|Global Strategy: Challenges and Choices||30|
|Current Issues in Business and Society||10|
|Leading Yourself and Others||40|