All students need to purchase medical insurance throughout their course of studies with Amity. A SC/PR or a non-Student’s Pass international student who is protected by his/her own medical insurance in Singapore can opt out from the medical insurance scheme arranged for by the Amity. If you do not have medical insurance, Amity will purchase the medical insurance on your behalf at a fee of $100 per annum (plus prevailing GST) which will be paid by the student.
This medical insurance scheme shall minimally provide for an annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, as charged in C / B2 / B1 ward in government and restructured hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school related activities) throughout the course duration, and the Student is encouraged to seek advice on whether more comprehensive insurance cover is required or desired. Students need to submit documentary evidence together with the Claim Form to Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd.
Amity has appointed medical insurance provider: Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd.
All students enrolled with Amity will be covered by the Group Medical Insurance and its benefit details are as follows:
- Necessary and reasonable medical charges incurred as a result of hospitalization and/or injury
- 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities)
|1. a) Daily Room & Board (R&B)1
b) Intensive Care Unit1
|As charged in B27 ward in Singapore Government / Singapore Government Restructured Hospitals|
|2. Hospital Miscellaneous Services|
|3. Surgical Fees (Subject to Surgical Schedule – applicable to Private Hospitals only)2|
|4. In-Hospital Physician’s Visits|
|5. Pre-Hospitalization Specialist Consultation Fees3|
|6. Pre-Hospitalization Diagnostic X-Ray & Laboratory Test3|
|7. Emergency Outpatient Accidental Treatment4|
|8. Post Hospitalization Treatment5|
|9. Medical Report Fee 6|
|10. Co-insurance will apply if Insured Member is warded in a higher ward in Singapore Government/ Restructured Hospitals or in private hospitals in Singapore or in hospitals outside Singapore||10%|
|Overall Maximum Limit Per Policy Period (S$) (Item 1 to 9)||20,000|
|Additional Benefits (S$)
11. Outpatient Kidney Dialysis and Cancer Treatment
|12. Mental Illness (admission to Institute of Mental Health only)||1.000|
|13. Special Grant||5,000|
|14. Personal Accident (Death / Permanent Disablement Scale II)||20,000|
- Inclusive of meals, subject to overall maximum limit of 90 days including R&B
- For surgery procedures performed in private hospitals, the reimbursable amount is based on a percentage of the compensation limit as stated in the Schedule of Surgical Fees in the Policy. You may obtain a copy of the Schedule of Surgical Fees from The Company
- Must lead to hospitalization and/or surgical procedure within 90 days.
- Treatment must be sought in a hospital or clinic within 24 hours from time of accident and with proof of treatment received
- For expenses incurred within 90 days from the date of discharge from hospital or day surgery
- Reimbursement of medical report fee (maximum up to S$100)
- Free upgrade to B1 Ward in Singapore Government / Singapore Government Restructured Hospital
Please click the following for more information.
- Certificate for Group Medical Insurance
- Group Student Medical Insurance Policy
- Student Claim Form
- Product Summary – Group Hospital & Surgical Insurance