Attendance Requirement for Local Students (Full Time)
- All students must maintain at least 75% of classroom attendance.
- Any student, who has not achieved the attendance requirement, will be barred from the examinations / assessments of the module concerned. Further the student needs to repeat the entire module with attendance and payment of the relevant fees.
Attendance Requirement for International Students
Amity is obliged to report to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) on international students who have failed to meet ICA requirement on attendance.
- The student should not fail to attend classes for a continuous period of days or without valid reason.
- The student should not have a percentage of attendance less than 90% in any month of the course without any valid reason.
- All the International students will spend at least 3 hours per day (5 days a week) within the school premise engaging in academic studies or meaningful activities (for example classes, tutorials, project work, enrichment activities or co-curricular activities).
If the student failed to meet any of the above requirements, the student pass may be cancelled and renewal will be granted to the student on case to case basis and is subject to the Immigration Checkpoints Authority’s approval.
International students, who have not achieved the attendance requirement of 90%, will also be barred from the examinations / assessments of the module concerned. Further the student needs to repeat the entire module with attendance and payment of the relevant fees.
Attendance Requirement for Local Students (Part Time)
- Part time students are encouraged to achieve an attendance of 75%.