Standard Student Contract
Private Education Institution-Student Contract
CPE, in aiming to enhance the confidence of students and their parents in the quality of education in Singapore, has stipulated that all Private Education Institutions must sign a Private Education Institution-Student Contract with students. The contract sets out the terms and conditions governing the relationship between the student and Private Education Institution. Amity will honour all terms and conditions in the contract and in all communication materials. Students may request for a copy of the Private Education Institution-Student Contract from Amity or view it on the CPE website ( www.ssg.gov.sg ).
Amity will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties. The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D in the student contract) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to Amity within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
Policy & Procedure For Course Deferment
The school’s deferment policy is a follows:
a) Any student wishing student to defer his/her studies must submit a fully completed student Request form indicating the reasons for deferment together with all supporting documents. Deferments are considered only on exceptional circumstances. Broadly, they are:
- Medical (supporting documents include a medical certificate issued by are registered medical practitioner)
- National Service (supporting documents include an order issued by the Ministry Of Defense or an authorized government organisation)
- Compassionate (Personal letter and any relevant documents which supports the student’s request for deferment)
b) Upon receipt of the student request, the Course Administrator will process the application. For straight forward cases with complete supporting documents, the decision may be communicated in writing to the student concerned within 7 working days.
c) If the documents submitted are incomplete and/or in situations where further clarifications are required in order for a fair decision to be made, the process may take up to 21 working days.
d) If the request for deferment is approved, the student will be required to make a deferment fee payment for the period requested (maximum of one academic year). Students are obligated under the terms and conditions of enrollments and would be required to make their course fee payment in addition to the deferment fee charge.
e) The student is further obliged to commerce/continue the course within the stipulated recommencement date. Further requests for deferments from the same student will not be entertained.
f) Depending on the circumstance, the student will have to sign a new contract or be issued an addendum to the existing contract when a course transfer request has been approved. Important Note: Deferment, suspension or cancellation of a student’s enrollment may affect his/her student visa. Amity, in accordance with the ICA regulations will notify the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) in such instances.
Important Note: Deferment, Suspension or Cancellation of a student’s enrollment may affect his/her student pass. Amity, in accordance with the ICA regulations, will notify the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) in such instances.
Students who have not passed their modules may submit an appeal for review of results using Results Appeal Form through the Course Administrator giving their reasons.
• This appeal must be submitted within 1 week of the release of exam results.
• The Course Administrator passes the Appeal Form to the Principal, who obtains the response from the teacher/marker on the merit of the appeal.
• Principal then submits the appeal with the teacher’s response to the Examination Board for decision.
• The Principal communicates the decisions of the Examination Board to the students of the outcome of their appeal and the same is updated in the results in the Examination Register and the
student is issued with the revised Results Notification Letter. (subject to any changes in the results)
• Amity works within the following timelines for processing and release of the final examination results and appeal results.
a) Release of final examination results – within 4 weeks after completion of the final paper of the examination
b) Release of appeal results – within 4 weeks from the official date of release of the exam results (or 3 weeks from the close of the appeal period)
• Amity returns the examination scripts / assignments to students after 4 weeks or more from the official date of release of the examination results.
• A student whose appeal is unsuccessful may apply to Amity to take a re-test (also referred as re-sit) with payment of a re-test fee. This application must be submitted within 1 week of the
release of the appeal results. If the student fails the re-test, he must either repeat the module in order to accumulate the required number of passed modules for graduation.
• A student who chooses not to appeal may apply to Amity to take a re-test, with payment of a re-test fee, within 1 week of the release of the examination results.