Shape and create the world around you through code and digital technologies on our Creative Computing course.
With the skills you learn on this course, you’ll be able to forge careers in a range of industries, from architecture to games and app design.
This is a project-based course which encourages learning through making. You’ll hone your skills through a blend of cutting-edge digital research and practical applications including 3D printing, Virtual and Augmented Reality, and electronics.
You’ll gain an understanding of the designer’s role in society and learn how creative computing can work as a catalyst for change in one of the fastest growing sectors of the global economy.
And because this course runs as part of our School of Architecture, you’ll benefit from a broad knowledge and experience of making, fabricating and spatial thinking.
|Awarding authority||University for the Creative Arts, UK|
|Academic Year/Time Schedule/Programme Duration||Duration of course is 3 years|
|Mode||Full Time / Part Time|
|Teaching Amenities, Facilities etc||Lecture rooms, Library, Computer lab, Student lounge|
18 years old
Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level Examination in the English medium and must have obtained all of the following:
- At least two passes in subjects at H2 level with One H1 Level pass and attempted General Paper (GP) or Knowledge & Inquiry (KI); or
- Formal International Year 12 Education; or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma awarded by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO); or
- Polytechnic Diploma Holder in any field of study from a local polytechnic in Singapore; or
- BTEC level 4 HNC in Computing and Systems Development; or
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma from private education institutions of Singapore with the Minimum Entry Requirements of at least ‘O’ Levels / NITEC / Higher NITEC; or
- Successful completion of Amity Global Institute courses as follow:
– Foundation Diploma for entry to Year 1
– Diploma in Computing for entry to Year 2
– Advanced Diploma in Computing for entry to Year 3
- If your first language is not English, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 equivalent with no component below 5.5
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level English – Grade C or above for all entries.
- Other English requirements are per UCA entry requirements https://www.uca.ac.uk/international/non-eu/study/english-language-requirements/.
Candidates who are at least 30 years of age with at least 8 years of working experience.
To qualify as a mature applicant, you are required to submit a Personal Statement of not more than 200 words and 2 Referee Reports from at least one employer. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
|Course Application Fee|
|Course Application Fee*||Local Students : S$100 (Onetime Only)
International Students : S$350 (Onetime Only)
– Course application fee is non refundable.
– Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.
|Fees Breakdown||Total Payable (S$)|
|Entry Year||Year 1 Entry||Year 2 Entry||Year 3 Entry||Year 1 Entry||Year 2 Entry||Year 3 Entry|
|Total Course Fees Payable||27000||20000||13500||27000||20000||13500|
- Course Fee is inclusive of Tuition Fees & Exam Fees (one time)
- FPS Insurance premiums are paid by Amity, unless stated in the Student Contract which has to be paid by the student separately.
- Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.
- Valid Employment Pass / Special Pass / Work Permit Holders to will pay ‘Local’ Course Fees.
- For Miscellaneous Fees: Click Here
- Click Here for more information on the Mode of Payment.
|Context & History||20|
|Creative Coding 01 (Lexicon)||30|
|Creative Coding 02 (Objects)||40|
|Context & Theory||20|
|CoLAB 01 (Diverse Practice)||20|
|Pitching and Prototyping||20|
|CoLAB 02 (Entrepreneurial Practice)||20|
For more information please refer to https://www.uca.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-creative-computing/