Advisory on Novel Coronavirus
The well-being of our Students, Staff and members of the public is our utmost concern at Amity Global Institute.
Following the advisory from CPE, all PEIsincluding Amity, will take reference from MOE measures. This is to ensure a co-ordinated effort on everyone’s part to protect our citizens and residents against the spread of the Novel Coronavirus.
- Staff and students are strongly advised to avoid travel to Hubei province in China and defer all non-essential travel to the rest of mainland China.
- We will require Travel Declaration by all Students and Staff who have travelled or will be travelling between 14 Jan 2020 to 31 Mar 2020.
All Guests are required to declare your travel history at the Front Desk before entry to out campuses.
Leave of Absence (LOA)
14-day Leave of Absence (LOA) applies to the 3 returning groups below.
The LOA starts from the day of arrival in Singapore from China.
This applies to students and staff who return from 14 January 2020 or later.
Below is an illustration of how the LOA should be applied for reference.
- All staff and students returning from Hubei
- All students returning from the rest of mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau)
- All frontline staff* returning from the rest of mainland China (excluding Hubei, Hong Kong and Macau)
All students and frontline staff* who have returned from mainland China are to monitor and take their temperature daily. Those who are unwell should visit a doctor immediately and declare their travel history.
If they have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose, shortness of breath), they should wear a surgical mask and call the clinic ahead of their visit.
* Frontline staff are those who have sustained/prolonged contact with students/public e.g. teaching staff, receptionists, student services personnel
We recognise that these pre-cautionary measures may result in some inconvenience and disruption to your studies/plans. However, they are being put in place to protect everyone in the campus. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Stay updated on the latest situation on Ministry of Health, website : www.moh.gov.sg