Today, the internet and modern technology have opened up new marketplaces that allow us to work with new geographic locations and cultures.
In this increasingly competitive global market place, having cultural intelligence (CQ) to manage diversity and to intellectually communicate effectively across cultures is now a key competency for all employees. This is because every culture has a different set of values, business ethics, accepted behavior and decorum. The understanding of cultural differences, cultural emphasis and cultural roles and practices, the knowledge and strategy to communicate effectively with people of different cultures and the management of such diversity, have become vital to sustain a successful global environment. Participant will have an increased awareness of “World-mindedness”, and a greater understanding on how to manage diversity in cross-cultural situations, as well as be able to manage expectations and communicate in a way that promotes engagement and productivity at the global marketplace. This will lead to better job performance and an increased self confidence in communicating effectively across cultures – a skill which is now vital.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- Increase awareness of your own culture as well as other cultures;
- Develop an understanding of how our own culture and the culture of others affect our cultural assumptions, the way we behave, communicate and react in a variety of daily situations within the business environment;
- Understand challenges when you communicate with people of different cultures; and
Be able to manage diversity, adapt to and be more productive during interaction with foreign team members, global counterparts and partners.
Next Intake: TBA
|Mode||Both Corporate and Public Class are available (Class size capped at 25 pax)|
Who Should Attend:
– Suited for individuals and teams who wish to learn to manage diversity by increasing their cultural intelligence and the ability to communicate, work and collaborate better with others from different cultures.
|Course Application fee|
|Course Application Fee*||
– Funding information will be furnished once applicable
– Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.