- Our Partners
- Learning Environment
- News& Events
TO GeT details on Admissions
Information & Usage
Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) passed by Parliament on 15th October 2012 marks the beginning for the protection of personal data in Singapore governed by the Personal Data Protection Commission (the “PDPC”). The Personal Data Protection Act is applicable to the Amity and aims to fulfill the obligations meted.
Under the PDPA act, “Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from the data or from the data and other information to which the Organisation has or is likely to have access (PDPA, 2012).
adheres to the PDPA act by protecting our stakeholders’ (students, members and graduates) data by abiding the nine main obligations of the PDPA:
- Usage, collection or disclosure of personal data upon consent should serve its purpose and not be extended beyond the intentional purpose.
- will not allow non-consented data to be shared, viewed or used for any purpose unless the individual/individuals consent to the usage, disclosure or collection
- will, upon consent; make known to the individuals methods of how their data has been used, collected or disclosed as well as to allow the individuals to correct any errors found or for which data has not been included.
- always notifies individuals stating the intent for which data is used, disclosed or collected.
- will ensure data collected is accurate and complete.
- will strive to protect the personal data by preventing unauthorized access, collection, usage, disclosure or being exposed to other risks.
- Usage, collection or disclosure of personal data shall be ceased by for any business or legal purposes once the data is deemed no longer required.
- will not transfer personal data to another country unless the standard of data protection is comparable to that of the data protection under the PDPA.
- Policies, practices and complaints process about data protection towards are available upon request.
To find out more about PDPA, you may visit the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission’s website and the Frequently Asked Questions as well as Personal Data Protection Policy which we have introduced effective from May 2014.